Nomination for Interim Honorary Secretary for the Australasian Division of the International Academy of Pathology
Mon 05, Nov 2018
The Australasian Division of the International Academy of Pathology aims to:
- foster education, research and to advance knowledge in pathology
- institute and arrange lectures, seminars, symposia, demonstrations and to provide a forum for the discussion and dissemination of information relevant to pathology and related matters in our region
- provide financial assistance through scholarships and travelling grants to pathologists and trainees in our region
- disseminate printed and any other means of communication to further the purpose of the division.
The Honorary Secretary will work closely with all the Executive members to manage all Board matters and with the IAP office staff who assist with the executive function of organisation, finance, membership, website maintenance and organisation of the annual conference.
- Fulfil all standard responsibilities of a Secretary of a non-profit board
- Promote mission and strategic goals of the association
- Attend all Executive Committee Meetings, the Annual Board Meeting and the Annual General Meeting
- Attend the Attend the Annual Scientific Meetings
- Create Secretary's report for both the AGM and the ABM
- Help create meeting agendas
- Review meeting minutes
- Assign tasks to office staff
Interested members need to complete the nomination form and email to Uma Subramanian at email@example.com or to Dr Fiona Maclean at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively the completed form can be faxed to the office at 02 9894 6815.
Please click here to download the nomination form.
A resume should be included with the application. As this is an interim position, the successful individual will be determined by the executive. The appointment to the ongoing position would be via an election (in which other candidates may participate) to take place at the AGM in June 2019.
Nominations for this position closes on 28th November 2018
Dr Fiona Maclean, Honorary Secretary
Australasian Division of the International Academy of Pathology